An informative look at the past, present and future headline happenings of NYMMO.
We hope you like what you’ve seen so far on our Facebook, Twitter and Website pages and we are looking to continue moving forward. Our aim is to promote the benefits of managed moorland and hopefully from the work we’ve done so far we are starting to achieve this!
Latest Headline Happenings:
- The petition by Mark Avery to “Ban Driven Grouse Shooting” has reached over 120,000 votes, the committee have agreed in principle to a debate but first they want to hear evidence on the issue. We are currently in the process of collecting support letters to present to our local MP to help this.
- 3 Days at the Great Yorkshire Show where we assisted in the demonstration of “A Year in the Life of a Grouse Moor” a performance expertly delivered by John Cavana and which received excellent reviews.
- Snilesworth Estate presents a cheque for £3,100.00 to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance for monies they have raised throughout last years shooting season.
- NYMMO attended two National Parks Events, MoorFest at Sutton Bank and ParkFest at Danby, these were 2 successful days with some great interaction.
- Our NYMMO charity auction raising money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, final figure still to be confirmed but well in excess of £10,000.00.
- The start of the Grouse season, so far so good, with moors recording good numbers of birds and we’ve been posting a great selection of photos
- Follow us on Twitter, we are now live NYMMO @nymmo_uk.
Looking Forward To:
- A long and successful shooting season for all moors.
- Confirming final figures for our charity clay shoot and auction and presenting the cheque to the Air Ambulance.
- The outcome of the Grouse shooting debate in parliament, the truth will out!
- Gathering sponsorship for our 14 strong team of keepers who will be doing a charity Sky Dive in March raising funds for Cancer Research and NYMMO.